I’m going to make this a seperate web page linked on the top bars so this will probably not be the latest version by the time I’m finished. I’m still collating the many books I have.
Here is August’s tasks for Gardeners.
This collection of lists are actions that are suggested you do on a month by month basis throughout the year to help you in your tasking to ensure your survival. It is mainly based around the garden and the outdoors but not exclusively. Each month has a list of task that are suggested for that month but as you are aware the weather is not fixed nor is it consistent across the country. This is just a guide to get you started and you will work out what is best for you soon enough. If you wish to use an alternative then do so. I would also appreciate an update and instructions on what you have done so I can pass that on to others.
General Garden Work
- Dig over and sow Green compost
- Take root cuttings of shrubs
- Check tomatoes and pinch out shoots
- Salad and Fruit Crops as required
- Beans (French, Runner)
- Spring Onions
- Green Manure in empty plots
- Cabbage (Chinese, Spring)
- Lettuce (Winter Variety)
- Spring Onion (Winter Variety)
- Move into the garden and plant
- Savoy Cabbage
- Feed with Comfrey Tea
- Prune Plum tree after collecting fruit
- Plant new Strawberry plants out and ground runners
- Ensure greenhouse is ventilated and that the plants inside are shaded
- Refresh pond with water as required