The most common first contact I get from people via my contact form is the statement “I’m glad someone else out there in the UK is having the same concerns as I am.”
The contact emails then usually go along the lines that;
- Their families/children think they are nutters
- They find the US sites to be too gun orientated or unsuitable
- They don’t have the resources that the US preppers seem to have
- Where do they start?
- How can they meet like minded individuals?
Well, as I have answered them individually;
- From my stats I can see there are many others of the same mindset in the UK simply lurking. Hundreds of people keeping their heads down but learning
- Most people also have families that do not see any concerns on the horizon. The few whose families are also involved are where both parents are already self reliant
- The US sites have a significantly wider set of climate and social issues than the UK and their preparation shows it. Some do have the same issues as us and we can still learn from them
- The US preppers do have access to different kit and prepping resources. We will have to come up with substitutes or find a local source of supply
I set these sites up to provide a UK orientated site to help and facilitate all those things. You will find many like minded people here and on the Forum where you can discuss survival, prepping and self sufficiency topics.
No matter what you think, you are not in a unique situation nor are you without access to help. Simply ask and if I don’t know then others will usually have the answer. Between us we can resolve all but your financial issues and find a way to help you work around those family issues, prepping issues and make you feel part of a community, even if it is a secretive one, because we are all in the same boat. Modern day Noahs surrounded by people that see no issues going on today because that is what they are told by politicians, supported by the MSM and reinforced by people who have an interest in keeping the status quo.
So join in, use the Forum, learn and share. Bear in mind that this is insurance, an event may not happen but if it does you will be in a better position than most. If it doesn’t then you will be more self reliant, have reduced your reliance on the state and reduced your payments to an insatiable and greedy system designed to strip you of every penny it can. It is win win for you, so what have you to lose?