I’m going to make this a seperate web page linked on the top bars so this will probably not be the latest version by the time I’m finished. I’m still collating the many books I have.
Here is April’s tasks for Gardeners.
There are no absolutes here so do not follow these instructions literally when the weather clearly is not right for the situation. Usually it the cold that gets our crops because of timing. Beware of that.
General Garden Work
- Check stored Potatoes and Onions for any bad ones
- Artichokes (Jerusalem and Globe)
- Fertilise containers
- Compost around Fruit Trees
- Feed potatoes Comfrey Tea
- Anything missed last month because of weather
- Pollinate Peaches and Nectarines
- Beans (French)